I am pretty sure everyone has heard of Foursquare by now and if not, this is what it is. Its basically like the application for IPhones or any Droid phone its called Places, meaning you "check-in" in any area and you show it on your Twitter account or Facebook account. To sum it up its to show people where you are at all time (if you check-in to a lot of places of course.) I said I would "never" sign up for people to stalk me but I couldn't help it to try it out (never say never). I signed up for it and became friends with people I'm already friends with on other social networks and I found out more about the application. Its a huge game! Yes a game (to me) you check-in to these places and you if your lucky you get a badge!
Crazy! A badge like if you were playing Pokemon and you beat a Poke Leader. I thought this was insane and I love games so I kept my account, now I discovered that wherever you check-in there's a little advertisement of "Special's Nearby", yesterday I went to the mall and check-in and I found out I get 20% off at Steve Maddens for just showing my Blackberry to them that I checked-in to their store!! How amazing is that! I then noticed a lot of businesses out there are using this new social game to promote to attract people, that's pretty smart I must say.
Add me if you got one!
No comments:
Post a Comment